To take proper care of your contact lenses, you pretty much need to be wearing a Breaking Bad-approved hazmat suit in order to avoid an eye infection. And for the life of us, we can’t figure out why anyone would choose to keep wearing contacts when you need help like this to take good care of them. According to the CDC, here is the basic checklist for maintaining good lens hygiene:
- Wash hands with soap and water and dry them well before touching contact lenses;
- Take contacts out before sleeping, showering or swimming;
- Rub and rinse contacts in disinfecting solution each time they remove them;
- Rub and rinse the case with contact lens solution, dry with a clean tissue and store it upside down with the caps off after each use;
- Replace contact lens cases at least once every three months;
- Avoid “topping off” solution in lens case (adding fresh solution to old solution); and
- Carry a backup pair of glasses in case contact lenses have to be taken out.
It’s no big deal if you don’t follow these rules. Eye infections aren’t so bad, right?
One Simple Step: LASIK
Here’s how we see things around here. Taking good care of your eyes should only need one simple step: Schedule a FREE consultation with us. Let us show you how we can simplify your life. No contacts, no glasses, no 7 step hygiene routine, and best of all…no contact lens infections!
And if you’re sitting there thinking, “LASIK sounds so simple and easy, but I don’t think I can afford the procedure,” then fear no more. We have some great financing options available. So don’t let the almighty dollar stand in your way!
Our point of view is that laser vision correction should be a positive, life-changing experience. Not just a medical procedure. Schedule a FREE consultation with us and let one of our doctors show your the transforming power of LASIK.